Wednesday, January 5, 2011

He's Doing F.I.N.E.!

Alhamdulillah. Danish survived his first day at school. I applied 3 days off just to make sure that he adapts well to his new environment. Not that I don't trust him of behaving, but just in case. Seeing Danish so confident from the day he stepped in his class, Honey and I was sure that we don't have to wait for him in the class like some other parents did. Although we won't mind waiting for his first day, wanting to see how he mix with his new friends and how he corresponds with a stranger that now is his ustaz or ustazah, but we just don't want it to be a norm for him, knowing we are there. Sooner or later, he'll have to be there on his own, looking after himself. We thanked god that our son made it easy for us. Easy to feel confident that he'll manage to be on his own and easy to walk away from his school feeling at ease, knowing that he'll be fine and that our prayers and love will always be there with him, Insha Allah.

On his second day, making use of my leave, I secretly climbed up the stairs to Danish school's surau during the lunch break to see how is he coping. And I was almost in tears to see him in the front row saf, prepparing the sejadah, waiting for the Zohor prayers. He was surprised and smiled heartily when he saw me approaching. He hugged my hands and whispered softly, "Ayah datang tengok Danish". I just smiled back, as the Bilal said the iqamat. Deep down inside, it was a warm, proud feeling of being a parent.


I'm so proud of you my son! You're the best think that ever happen to Ayah & Ibu. Seeing you settling down so well in the new environment at school lift our heart even more. Semoga menjadi anak yang soleh dan berjaya dunia akhirat, Amin. Thank you Allah.

No comments: