Tuesday, January 11, 2011

and I'm guilty



Life is all about choices and the fact of living with that choice you made despite whatever circumstances it may lead you to. Question is, when you have made the right choices, (or 'thought' that you have made the right choices, for that matter!), did we ever thank Allah with all our heart for guiding us? For showing us the way? For bestowing his blessings during thick and thin? And when it comes to showing our appreciation to Allah, how do we ever know that we have thanked Him enough?

Deep down inside, there is this sense of guilt inside me. Although this sort of feeling naturally come and go with time but somehow I felt that I need to make it an exception this time around to have a reflect about it. In seconds, it suddenly struck me deep inside that I was so profoundly ashamed of myself. Ashamed of myself for praying to Allah just to fulfill my obligation as a Muslim. Ashamed of myself for praying somewhat half-heartedly at times, mind on other matters. Ashamed of myself for not realizing the sweetness of pure iman. Please forgive me Allah...

No comments: