Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Still coping

It's not easy to let go of someone you love. But you have to. And it hurts. Believe me, I know. You would feel the same if you are to lose your father-in-law 2 years back, and this time, your sister-in-law.

I guess the family is still pretty much coping with our loss. There are times when that last day seems a lifetime away, and there are times when it seems like it was just yesterday. And it's been a week now.

For a while the sounds of her breathing haunted me. I would close my eyes at night and hear it.

For a while I would freak out everytime my mobile rings, remembering my wife's frantic voice telling me the news seconds after my sister-in-law's death.

For a while I would pick up the phone to call her, only to remember at the last moment that she is no longer with us.

For a while I could hear my wife, Hani crying in the shower.

For a while I could still remember the tears in Danish's eyes crying "Danish nak Maksu...".

And yeah, our family, friends and faith have been such a big help to us, but I have to be honest, It still hurts so badly. We miss the physical part so much, her voice, her smile, her face expression everytime we tease her. I know that it will always hurt, but I hope that one day the hurt will ease up some; knowing that she's now in Allah's care. That brings a smile to my face.

Our pain goes out to everyone that has lost their loved ones. We just need to know that someday, some of this pain will go away. Just keep me and my family in your prayers that we will grow stronger each and every day. Insya Allah.

Life must go on. And with the Ramadhan month around, hopefully it will keep us closer to Allah and at the same time make our mind more peaceful. Here are some shots of Danish Haiqal & Iman Syuhada at the mosque last night during the solat tarawih. Doa kami, semoga bulan Ramadhan Al-Mubarak yang penuh keberkatan ini membuahkan kerahmatan buat kita semua, Insya Allah. Take care people!




2 comments:

fariz said...

sayang betul si abang dengan adiknyer tu... comel je dua2.

Wan Mohd Fahimi said...

Hehe. ayah dia lagi comel bro. Thanx.