Monday, July 28, 2008

The Million Dollar Man!


2 years ago, I represented my company and attended the Medtronic Physio-Control International Distributor meeting in Hainan Island in the beautiful republic of China. The main objective was to push LIFEPAK20 Defibrillator/Monitor into the cardiac and critical care areas for hospitals throughout Malaysia.


After I came back, I propposed the system to both HUKM and also the National Heart Centre. Spents lots of late nights revising those paper work and proposal! Not to forget countless of technical meeting as well as running up and down the stairs chasing appoinments with their Head of Cardiac, Anes people as well as the CEOs. The result : last year in August, HUKM bought the system amounting to a stunning RM570K! An RM570K to mark my career at Cybron, and so I thought.


Last 2 months I received a call from one of the Datuk in NHA. Let me address him as Datuk A. He wanted me to come over and see him. I was clueless since I wasn't really expect anything since all this while there were a lot of difficulties especially when it comes to the key decision makers. Convincing them is one thing. For them to decide and finalize things is another thing. Although we did successfully convinced them with our system and kinda made our competitor look bad and less reliable (sorry guys!), looking at the situation during that time, there were no way our system is gonna be integrated in the near couple of month. But still, deep down inside I was whispering my prayers and keeping my fingers crossed.


I was 10 minutes early for the meeting with Datuk A. He was engaged on the phone while he gestured me to enter his room. Last thing I know, Datuk A handed me a stack of paper with the word CONFIDENTIAL on it. Damn, it was the PO! An astonishing RM1.5 million PO from the National Heart Centre!!! Sigh, looks like I can finally rest a bit and look ahead for a shinny 2008.



Alhamdulillah, hard work pays in the end.
Thanks God!

No comments: